Public health officials have expanded testing criteria to now include all symptomatic Manitobans and new processes are in place to accomodate everyone attending a testing site to be tested.
PLEASE NOTE: The Brandon, Dauphin and Swan River testing sites will be CLOSED FOR CANADA DAY, Wednesday, July 1st.
- If you are experiencing minor symptoms, please stay home. Testing sites will re-open on Thursday, July 2nd and will resume regular hours (see below).
- If you are unwell (with shortness of breath or difficulty breathing) or your symptoms worsen, please go to your nearest Emergency Department.
- If you have questions about your health status please call Health Links-Info Sante at 1-888-315-9257.
- Other testing locations in Manitoba (outside of the Prairie Mountain Health region) can be found by clicking here.
No Appointment Needed / No Need to Call Health Links
COVID-19 testing locations are now operating on a self-referral basis, meaning you do not have to call Health Links-Info Santé for an appointment or to be screened. If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 you may go to a testing site to be tested without an appointment. This is a first come - first served basis, therefore you may have to wait. Please see our "Before you go to a testing site" recommendations below.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Should include one or more of the following for 24 hours:
- Fever / chills (Body temperature higher than 38°C)
- Sore Throat / hoarse voice
- Shortness of breath / breathing difficulties
- Loss of taste or smell
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Runny nose
- Muscle aches
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Skin rash of unknown cause
- Nausea or loss of appetite
- Poor feeding (if an Infant)
While many people will develop only mild symptoms, some groups appear to be more vulnerable to COVID-19. Those at higher risk typically develop more serious, even fatal, symptoms such as pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome and kidney failure.
High risk groups include those:
- 60 years of age and older
- living with chronic health conditions (e.g. diabetes, heart, renal or chronic lung conditions)
- with weakened immune systems (e.g. cancer)
Symptoms of COVID-19 or other coronaviruses may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus.
Before you go to a testing location
|Take the online self-assessment test ahead of visiting a screening location.|
***This screening tool will help you decide if you should get tested or not.
|Remeber to bring your Manitoba Health card with you if you have.|
Testing Locations in Prairie Mountain Health
All three Prairie Mountain Health testing locations are drive thru services, however if you do not have access to a vehicle, pedestrian/walk up service is available.
- We encourage clients to attend the testing site that is in the town/city (Dauphin, Swan River or Brandon) which is within a one hour driving distance from your community.
- If you have further question Health Links- Info Sante at 1-888- 315-9257.
Location: Community Health Services Building Parking Lot
625 Third St. SW
Hours: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Monday to Friday
**Closed Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1st**
Location: Swan Valley Primary Care Centre Parking Lot
1000 Main St.
Hours: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Monday to Friday
**Closed Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1st**
Location: Towne Centre Parkade.
Accessible off the corner of 8th Street & Princess Avenue
- Enter by going north on 8th Street directly into Parkage
- OR go west on Princess Avenue (one way street);
and turn right at corner of 8th Street & Princess at the light
Hours: 8:45 am - 3:15 pm Monday to Saturday
- Closed for lunch Mon - Sat 12:00 - 12:30 pm.
- **Closed Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1st**
After You've been tested
- You must self-isolate until you receive your test result. To obtain your test result, see below.
- Self-isolation means staying home and keeping away from others.
- For more information on isolation and self-monitoring, click here.
- If you are a health care worker, contact Occupational Health to determine a date of return for work.
If your symptoms worsen (e.g., shortness of breath, breathing difficulties), or if you have questions or concerns, please call Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) at 1-888-315-9257.
Get Your Results
Negative COVID-19 results are also available by phone seven days a week between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Call the Public Health COVID-19 Contact Centre 1-844-960-1984. You will be asked to provide information from your Manitoba Health Registration Card to verify your identity.
You will be contacted directly ONLY IF:
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 are contacted directly by Public Health.
- Health-care workers who test positive for COVID-19 will be contacted by Occupational Health
More Questions about Getting Tested?
Please call Health Links- Info Sante at 1-888- 315-9257