Frequently Asked Questions
How often are vacancies posted?
Vacancies are posted every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for a seven day period closing at 1600 hours (4pm Central Time).
Open until filled vacancies, otherwise known as ongoing vacancies, are posted daily and removed once the position has been filled.
What if I miss the application deadline?
Late applications are not accepted. Postings close at 1600 hours (4pm Central Time) on the closing date. Please ensure to submit your application before the closing date and time.
What is a competition number?
All posted vacancies are assigned a job competition number. Ex: HARNRPN151. Please reference this competition number when contacting your HR Recruitment Office with questions.
How do I apply?
- Apply directly on-line when searching our career listings here.
- Or by submitting your application via email, fax, mail, or in person, to the applicable HR Recruitment Office. Click here for the fillable application.
What do I need to include when I apply?
- External application form;
- Cover Letter (optional);
- Proof of all required credentials as listed in the job description (ie: certificates, etc); and
- Proof of entitlement to legally work in Canada (ie: valid work permit, Canadian residency or Canadian citizenship).
Internal applicants (have a valid employee number)
- Internal application form;
- Proof of all required credentials as listed in the job description (if credentials haven’t been previously provided to the hiring manager or if newly acquired).
How do I retain a copy of my application?
Before clicking on “Submit Application”, either print a copy of your application form and/or save a copy by clicking on “File” à “Save As”.
Once you click on “Submit Application”, you will not be able to retrieve your application form.
I am clicking on “Submit Application” but my application is not submitting. What do I do?
Required fields will be highlighted in red. Please review your application to ensure all required fields have been filled in.
How do I know that my application was received?
You will receive an on-screen confirmationacknowledging that you have successfully submitted your application. It is recommended that you print or save a copy of this message for your records as proof of application submission.
Below is an example of message you will see on your screen.
What happens after I apply?
After the closing date, your application and resume will be reviewed. If interviews are required, those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Generally, you will be contacted within three weeks of the closing date of the posting if you are being interviewed. If you are called for an interview, please ensure you take note of the name, department, and phone number of the contact person.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Do I need to complete more than one application if I am interested in more than one opportunity?
Yes, you must apply to each position separately to be considered for each position.